Applications are now being accepted by Toronto’s Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division for recreation jobs for Summer 2018. The City’s website lists hundreds of seasonal job openings in Scarborough, North York, East York, and other parts of Toronto. Hourly wages for these jobs range from $14 to more than $25 per hour. Here are just a few of the openings in Scarborough:
- Wading Pool Attendant, $14 per hour
- Weight Room Attendant, $14 per hour
- Customer Service Representative, $14.14 per hour
- Lifeguards, $15.72 per hour
- Special Needs Camp/Program Directors, $20.21 per hour
- Karate Instructor, $24.15 per hour
- Aqua Fitness Instructor, $26.04 per hour
These are the deadlines for applying:
- February 4 for Camp Counsellor/Playground Leader and Camp Specialty Instructor positions
- February 15 for all other summer recreation positions
If you are a returning recreation staff member, please note the different application process that is outlined on the website.
Other Seasonal Jobs
A variety of employers are looking for students and others interested in part-time and summer employment. Visit the Jobs at the City web page and check out the links for Jobs with Agencies & Corporations. You’ll find information about applying for summer positions with employers such as the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) and the Toronto Zoo.
Currently, the Toronto Zoo is accepting applications for seasonal cashiers and sales representatives for positions that start on March 1. These positions pay from $13.15 to $14 per hour, and you must apply by Sunday, January 14.
Apply now for a variety of TTC summer jobs that generally run from May 6 through to September 1. Positions include accounting clerk, clerical help, janitors and station collectors, to name just a few.
In addition, the CNE hires many students each summer. Turn to the CNE website for information about working there.