Grants of $1,000 to $3,000 may be available if your plans to improve your community align with the Toronto Strong Neighbourhood Strategy 2020.
The deadline for applications is November 1, 2017 at midnight. So, learn more and, if you qualify, apply early!
What Is the Neighbourhood Grants Program?
The Neighbourhood Grants Program is designed to support local action by resident groups and community partners involved in the Toronto Strong Neighbourhood Strategy 2020.
The Neighbourhood Grants Program will make available grants of $1,000 to $3,000 to resident-led groups to help inspire neighbourhoods with events or activities to be held from February 15 to July 31, 2018. Funding will be available for events that take place in any of the Neighbourhood Improvement Areas—which include major portions of Scarborough!—and the eight Emerging Neighbourhoods.
Who Can Apply?
- Group members must live in one of the Neighbourhood Improvement Areas or Emerging Neighbourhoods. (Grant Guidelines list the eligible neighbourhoods.)
- Five or more residents must make up the group.
- The planned activity or event must happen within a Neighbourhood Improvement Area or Emerging Neighbourhood.
- The planned activity supports the Toronto Strong Neighbourhood Strategy 2020 “Neighbourhood Planning Table Actions” (see the guide for details).
- Activities must:
- be open and free for residents of the Neighbourhood Improvement Area
- occur in a public space
- be a one-time event or completed within a one-month period
- be held between February 15 and July 31, 2018.
This fund is for resident-led groups only, not non-profit organizations.
Click here to apply online.
Click here to download the application questions that you can use to draft your answers before you apply online.