Hundreds of programs
Take time now to visit www.toronto.ca/torontofun or flip through your local FUN Guide to learn about the free program choices that are available right here in Scarborough. You’ll find programs for all ages at dozens of local schools, community centres, churches and recreation facilities.
If you’re most interested in programs at Cedarbrook Community Centre, you can download the Cedarbrook program guide now.
Programs for kids include fall swimming and skating programs, after-school recreation programs, and PA Day programs. Adults can enjoy visual arts, music, swimming and fitness programs, to name just a few. Programs especially for adults 60 and up include art, bridge, yoga, dance, tai chi and dozens of other activities. There are also adapted recreation programs for people with special needs.
Online registration is fast, convenient and secure
Registering online is the easiest and fastest way for you to sign up for these community programs. To register online on Sunday, Sept. 10, go to efun.toronto.ca from 7:00 a.m. to midnight.
How to register online:
You’ll need a family and client number for each person you are registering. (See below for details on how to obtain these numbers.*) You’ll also need a credit card if payment is required.
It’s best to have a few program choices for each person who you are registering, just in case your preferred program is full.
1. To start to register, go to efun.toronto.ca.
2. Enter your client and family numbers (see below for details*).
3. Enter a course barcode, or search using a word search.
4. Go to “my cart” to check out and pay.
Even if your program is free, you must complete the online registration by continuing to “payment.”
Other ways to register:
There’s also an option to register using a touch-tone phone. If you want to register this way on Sunday, Sept. 10, call 416-338-0000 from 7:00 a.m. to midnight and follow the voice prompts.
If you choose to register by phone and need operator assistance on Sunday, Sept. 10, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., you may call 416-338-4386 to speak with a customer service representative. On other weekdays, you may use this number during regular business hours to ask questions about the City’s recreation programs.
If you prefer to register in person on Sunday, Sept. 10, the new location is the Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, which you can visit from 7:00 a.m. to noon.
However you decide to register, on September 10 you will have the greatest choice available as you sign up for such programs as fall skating and swimming, December Camps, as well as general interest programs for the fall and winter seasons. (But, please note: Registration for winter skating and swimming programs, and for 2018 March Break Camps, starts on Saturday, Dec. 2.)
Must-do’s before you register:
Before you can register, here are a few things that you need to do. First, visit www.toronto.ca/torontofun to:
- Build a list of your program choices (program titles and barcodes), using the website or the printed Scarborough FUN Guide.
- Have your family number and client numbers ready.*
- If fees apply, have a payment method ready or credit on your account.
* You’ll need ‘family and client numbers’ to register:
If you’ve registered for City of Toronto recreation programs in the past, you’ll need your existing family/client numbers on hand to register for the new programs.
If this is your first time registering, you will need to set up an account now (or sometime before registration opens)! Here’s how to set up your account (choose one of these options):
1. Download the New Family Account form at toronto.ca/parks/registration. Complete the form and email to email@example.com, or
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for help, or
3. Call 416-338-4386 (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.), or
4. Speak with staff at a City of Toronto community centre.
Once you receive your client and family numbers, keep them handy on September 10 if you want to register for programs (or keep them for future reference).