The YWCA Toronto Employment Centre, at 2425 Eglinton Ave. East, Suite 303, offers valuable resources for job hunters. During June 2017, they will be hosting information sessions and job fairs with potential employers such as the University of Toronto, the TTC and 411.ca.
Organizers require advance registration for the following events, and they remind all job hunters to “dress for success” at job fairs and to come with multiple copies of their résumé.
University of Toronto Mentoring and Career Event – Wednesday, June 7, 11:00 a.m.
University of Toronto recruiters and managers will be at the YWCA Toronto to answer your questions about applying for jobs at U of T.
Opportunities include the following:
- Administrative/Clerical positions
- Graphic Designer
- Program Delivery Assistants/Coordinators
- Caretaking and other positions
TTC Ambassador Job Fair – Wednesday, June 14, 10:00 a.m.
More than 50 TTC Ambassador positions are available. Great Connections Employment Services Inc., an Ontario-based employment services agency, seeks qualified applicants for a variety of TTC job opportunities.
TTC Ambassador requirements:
- Flexibility to work at key points throughout the subway station
- Outgoing, friendly personality to interact with the public
- Good communication skills to provide information to customers
- Commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Able to deal with emergency situations
- Willing to work five to 11 hours per day
- Second language is an asset
Great Connections Employment Services Inc. is also recruiting for Machine Operators (pay is $15 per hour) and Light General Labourers. The agency will be holding on-site interviews on June 14. Bring two copies of your résumé, valid photo ID and SIN.
411.ca Job Fair – Wednesday, June 21, 10:00 a.m.
411.ca, Canada’s Number 1 online directory, is hiring more than 30 Inside Sale Representatives.
- Minimum one year of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity
- Strong proven negotiating and closing skills
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent base plus commission
- No evenings or weekends
- Awesome health benefits
- Incentive trips and birthdays off
- Lots of perks