During the month of September 2017, they will be hosting the following job fairs and special events:
TTC Career Information Event – Thursday, September 14, 1:00 p.m.
Steer your career in the right direction: learn about future opportunities at the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) at this information session.
Have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the TTC
- Discuss future career opportunities at the TTC
- Ask representatives about the skills they are seeking and their hiring process
- Ask well-informed questions about the TTC
Weston Terrace Care Community Job Fair – Wednesday, September 20, 10:00 a.m.
Weston Terrace Care Community is a long-term care home located in Toronto’s west end, at 2005 Lawrence Avenue West.
- Personal Support Workers (PSWs)
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
You must have:
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Immunization record
- PSWs must have a PSW Certificate
- RNs must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Free Makeup Class for Job Interviews – Friday, September 22, 10:00 a.m.
Deborah Brown, a full-time Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics, will provide a makeup class for job hunters.
This class will focus on:
- Makeup instruction to help you look polished and professional
- Skin care to help achieve a flawless finish
- Tips for feeling confident during the interview process
People Store Staffing Solutions Job Fair – Wednesday, September 27, 10:00 a.m.
People Store Staffing Solutions is hiring more than 1,500 people on behalf of the Hudson’s Bay Co. to work in distribution/warehouse positions.
- Previous distribution/warehouse experience
- Available to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to walk 5–10 km per day and work standing, reaching, squatting and lifting
- Steel-toed footwear
Registration is required for all of the above events. Call 416-264-5788.
Please visit the YWCA Toronto Employment Centre’s website to learn more about their events and services.